Saturday, April 14, 2012

Things Fall Apart 2

I have just started the second part of the story, but I thought that the isa-ifi ceremony was very interesting!  I thought it was intriguing that the sisters came for the ceremony and they did the questioning, because it made the females role seem more significant than what Okonkwo is use to.  I'm only on the second chapter of this section, but I really like Okonkwo's uncle Uchendu so far.  He seems very wise and I loved his gathering with his children and his nephew.  The tough questions he was asking gave Okonkwo a lot to think about regarding the way he treats his family.  It is clear that family means everything to Uchendu and he has not had an easy life, but I love that he has moved past his grief and he is trying to encourage Okonkwo to do the same and to make his life worth something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment