Monday, April 30, 2012

Snow Country part 1

I waited until after our class discussion to talk about this because I honestly had no clue what I was reading.  I'm glad that others felt that it was awkward to read, at parts.  The way that the story jumped from the different seasons was confusing at first, but I got the hang of it eventually.  I also found the red/white color references interesting.  I hadn't really given those details much thought at the time, but after we discussed it, I flipped back through the pages and realized just how much those colors were used in the story.  Also, I never really considered there to be love triangles.  I wasn't really sure what to think of Yukio so I didn't give much thought to him, as a character.  Yoko didn't seem to even notice Shimamura, so I didn't consider that a love triangle either, so it was interesting to connect them all in such a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment